lundi 13 avril 2015

La Mystère Tisné VIII

So, Antoine had died.  So we had to arrange the funeral.  Niemann asked me to come back to Paris to perform.  There was the Soprano Soloist for the "Chant des yeux".   I remember her telling me that she thought that she had made Antoine sick one evening when she invited him to her home for some homecooking from the South-West, where both she and Antoine were from.  I assured her that this definitely wasn't the case.   There was Françoise Lévechin.  And I was to play the second Monodie for A Sacred Space.  

So, we played the ceremonie.  Since this was the beginning of August, there were very few mourners.  I remember Suzanne Giraud, who came up to the organ loft to thank the musicians afterwards  The actual buriel was in the Parisian cimetary in Pantin.  It was private and I don't even think that we were invited.  It didn't matter anyway, at this point. 

And after that, I did something that I've regretted since. There was another composer who was quite close to Tisné.  I was aware of that, but at the end of the ceremony at the Church, this composer said "we should start an association to promote the works of Antoine Tisné, to make sure that his works live. ". I must admit, I lost my composure at this point.  After having done just this for months, I couldn't accept that this person (who should have known better, really)  couldn't have understood that something should have been done  before; now now.   It was too late.  Antoine was dead and nothing could change that  So, no there was no "Friends of "Antoine Tisné" association.  This is not to say that there were no "friends" of Antoine Tisné,  It's just not one of us who were the real "friends" of Antoine Tisné had the heart to do what "the friends of X" usually do, which is to take control of the Estate.  We couldn't do this.  Which is not to say that we bad nothing to say.  I'd seen this too many times before not to be so stupid as to be part of this kind of thing.  And I know that Antoine wouldn't have wanted us to do that anyway, independent as he was.

It was clear quite that I would not be able to find the train station, without help.  So Françoise drove me.  I don't know what I would have done otherwise.  I think that I would still be looking for the station, blind with pain.  Somehow  I got on the train to Chateauroux and back to Mouton.  I don't remember exactly how, but somehow the rest of the Summer went by without event. 

Aucun commentaire: